Know before you go …
Currently, tours of the Prison are primarily conducted outdoors, rain or shine. Visitors are encouraged to dress appropriately for the weather conditions and wear comfortable, closed-toe footwear conducive to walking. While the majority of the tour is accessible, due to the age and condition of the site, certain areas of the tour may not be fully compliant with ADA standards.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where am I able to go? – For self guided tours guests are able to enter the North Segregation building, East Cell house and Cafeteria (Inmate dining room.) on our guided tours guests are taken into these buildings as well as the Chapel and West Cell House.
- Am I allowed to take photos and video? – We encourage all of our guests to take photos and video, we just ask that it not interfere with other guests experience and for personal use only.
- Are their age limits on tours? – We do say that our Prison After Dark tours are not for small children. As well as our Guard tour contains adult themes and language.
- Are pets allowed? – Service animals only are permitted inside the prison walls.
- How do I cancel my tour? – Email Victoria at email@example.com for any rescheduling or cancellations.
- How accessible is the site? – With the historic nature of the site we are not fully ADA compliant but will make every effort to accommodate our guests while onsite. Both our self guided and guided tours are outside and approximately 90 minutes in length. The site has several benches for guest convenience.
- Do you offer field trips and group tours? – We do! Please email Victoria at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do I need reservations? – Yes reservations are required.