About Our Tours
The Old Joliet Prison is now open to the public!
Pre-scheduled, guided tours are offered via the Joliet Area Historical Museum for select areas of the Prison “campus” from the months of April – October. Tours last approximately 90 minutes. Click this link to visit the Prison Tours page of the Joliet Area Historical Museum. Visitors should please note that because the site has been abandoned for over fifteen years, certain areas of the facility are off limits to the general public.
- To get member or resident discount, identification must be shown at check-in at the prison
- Tours are limited to guests ages 10 and older
- All participants will be required to sign a waiver of liability/hold harmless agreement prior to taking the tour
- Tours will meet at the Old Joliet Prison parking lot at 1125 Collins Street, Joliet, IL 60432
- Tours will last about 90 minutes
- Closed toe shoes should be worn and dress for the weather as tours will be happening rain or shine
Please check your calendar before purchasing your tickets. Once sold, tickets are non-refundable.
At the current time, tours are not ADA approved. 70% of the tour is accessible for all patrons.
Please keep in mind this is a 1.5 hour outside walking tour, should you need any special accomodations, please contact email@example.com up to 72 hours before your tour.